Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Road in Autumn a Watercolor.

Here is a little painting I did while showing a young student some things about painting in watercolor. It is a simple road snaking through the autumn trees.

Autumn Road, watercolor by Adron
After a quick sketch I did a wash of yellow over most of it. I dropped in some reds and greens and let them blend. I did a wash of blue grey for the asphalt.  After things dried I began to layer in darker values of color with a dabbing approach. I mixed the colors on the paper. It was necessary to give the background a clear wash to soften things a bit. I used a little dry brush on the road. The tree trunks were drawn in with a small brush.

(c) Adron 2015

____________________________

Thank you for taking the time to look at my art. If you want to see more just chose from the labels or the favorites in the sidebar. 
Adron



Use the buttons below to share this post with your networks.  Thank you.