Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pencil Sketch of Wilted Autimn Leaf

This picture started in a class I was teaching to help some kids learn to draw. It was my quick example.

Pencil Sketch of Wilted Leaf

I did this entirely in pencil using hb and a 4b. After I outlined it I began the details of the veins with light lines. I began to shade the leaf lightly. After getting the leaf the value I wanted I worked a little to shadow the background. I went back over the surface of the leaf and added details and spots. It is not the normal step but after detailing the leaf I gave it a rub over with a blending stub to soften the overall appearance. Last I used a kneaded erasure to lift out a few highlights.

(c) Adron 2015

____________________________

Thank you for taking the time to look at my art. If you want to see more just chose from the labels or the favorites in the sidebar. 
Adron



Use the buttons below to share this post with your networks.  Thank you.

(C)Adron Dozat