Monday, September 1, 2014

Shore Cliff Fantasy Drawing, Sketched With Sharpie Pen.

I did this drawing while waiting for the car to be repaired. I didn't have any resource materials like a picture in a magazine or any old photographs so I started with a vague idea and then went from there. It began with the idea of a stair leading down to the beach. I drew it first in pencil and made a few corrections then started with the sharpie. There are some places where I was experimenting with the sharpie by holding it at a low angle so less of the felt contacted the paper which gave a thinner line, which I used in the distant sea and the clouds.

Drawing of Shore Cliff sketched with a Sharpie.


I am mostly happy with it but in retrospect I wonder if using dots on the beach was as effective as it could have been if I had just left it white or used some kind of hashing approach.

(c) Adron 2014

____________________________

Thank you for taking the time to look at my art. If you want to see more just chose from the labels or the favorites in the sidebar. 
Adron


Use the buttons below to share this post with your networks.  Thank you.