Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Watercolor Sketch Blue Hills River In Autumn

This is a little landscape sketch of a river that I did on a practice paper.  It is about 9x11 inches. It is not impressionist or pointillist but representational with a style that leans toward the impressionist approach.   I tried to take my time to sketch it in knowing the foundation sketch is the most important but I had trouble making sense out of the resource material. I stopped when I did because I was afraid that I might overwork the project, but it would have been easy to do more.


Watercolor sketch of Blue Mountain River in Autumn

This was a fun project and I learned a few things doing it.  I was working a lot with dots, dabs and small strokes.  I experimented a little with a flat brush but find the rounds are hard for me to get away from.  I would like to develop more ability to cover the entire paper and leave only selected areas white, but it is a sketch and that is the nature of a sketch- quick and light.

I hope you enjoy looking at it.

____________________________

Thank you for taking the time to look at my art. If you want to see more just chose from the labels or the favorites in the sidebar. 
Adron


Use the buttons below to share this post with your networks.  Thank you.

(c) Adron Dozat