Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Watercolor Of Dogwood Tree Blossoms.

Here is a little watercolor I did of some dogwood tree blossoms near my house. I love spring time and the many flowers that bloom in Maryland.


Dogwood blossoms watercolor by Adron.
It was painted one evening when I was too tired to do anything else.

I started with some photos I took and using several to get ideas I created a composition and then spent  about an hour sketching it before painting.

I felt a little uneasy about the design so I started with the background blue to help finalize the composition.  It was harder than I thought to get the blues all the same value in all the different areas that were separated by branches or other structures of the tree. I started the leaves with a wash of yellow, then brushed in green and finished with blue for the darker areas.

The branches were dry brushed and done with a liner brush.

I used a liner brush a lot in the flower.  There was a lot of blending of blues and colors to make the shadows and curves of the flowers. I kept going too far with teh values and had to blot color out so it wouldn't be too dark.

I think it is a very nice painting.

____________________________

Thank you for taking the time to look at my art. If you want to see more just chose from the labels or the favorites in the sidebar. 
Adron


Use the buttons below to share this post.with your networks.  Thank you.