Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Acrylic Portrait of a Young Woman at 19

This is a beautiful painting of a Young Woman at 19.

It is done in acrylic on canvas board. I was aiming at a freestyle approach to try to get something dramatic. The size is 16x20. I did it mostly to relax. I used a photo to compose the picture.

The background was painted several times and the portrait itself was a process of building up layers of acrylic until it was right. At first, the hair was white but it needed color so I put in the yellows but it still needed something, but the red was not my intent however when I saw how dramatic it looked I really liked it.

I had to go over the face several times before I got it right. I am very happy with it.

The original is for sale for 500.00. use the Paypal button below. It will be in a simple black frame and ready to hang.

Basic UPS shipping will be free to the US if you are outside the USA then contact me for a shipping quote before you buy. If you want to know more you can contact me through the comments field below or the about me feature.

Acrylic Portrait of a Young Woman at 19

You can also purchase a framed print reproduction of this painting through Society6, CLICK HERE. They have several options for sizes and frames.
To purchase unframed print reproductions at Society6 CLICK HERE.