Sunday, April 21, 2019

Beautiful Butterfly on Daisy Painting.

This is such a beautiful painting of an orange butterfly on a daisy.

I saw a picture in a calendar of a monarch type butterfly on a daisy and took it as inspiration for this painting in acrylic.

My vision was to make a beautiful and colorful painting.

It took about two weeks to paint since I did a lot of building up of colors and layers in order to get a kind of textured effect. I tried to make it almost abstract by using a background that was more undefined than actually representing anything. I wanted to use bright colors to celebrate the beauty of the butterfly. I used black to black to give accent and drama to the colors. The orange is a great contrast against the green.

I am very happy with the results. It looks very dramatic in a black frame. The size is 16x20 and painted on canvas board.

I wish I could take better photos so you can see how beautiful it really is. The image below has a washed out look.

If you are interested you can contact me through the comments and arrange to see it or I can send you additional photos.   You can use the Paypal button below to purchase and I will ship it to you UPS free.

Painting of Butterfly on Daisy 16x20 acrylic on canvas board


Use the buttons below to share this post. Thank you.