Monday, July 1, 2019

Painting of Bridge At Wild Lake Columbia, Plean Aire

I paint Plean Aire (outdoors) in Columbia, MD,  and did this is a painting at Wild Lake by the path that goes up the hill to the tot lot. 


If you are familiar with Wilde Lake you will know the place that this painting represents. Columbia Md has a lot of these iconic bridges that cross the many creeks and rivulets. I just love them, they all have the same construction but different environments which makes each one unique.

Plean Arie Painting of the Bridge at Wild Lake, Columbia, Md. 
You can purchase the original painting at my Etsy shop CLICK HERE.
I have some products such as posters, prints, greeting cards with this artwork at my society6 store. CLICK HERE.
If you live in or near Columbia, Md, and you are interested in viewing this piece contact me.

I started with an underpainting of blue and then worked from the background to the foreground. It needed a lot of adjustment and correction as I worked. Since I was working in acrylic it is easy to build up layers of paint, which is one of the things I like in my painting.

It was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed painting this picture. It has a lot of green but that is the way Wilde Lake looks at this time of year. I liked the strong images of the tree trunks going up and the contrasting images of the path. The texture was a lot of fun to try to get right. I worked on it for way too many hours before I was happy with it.

One of the nicest things about painting outdoors is all the wonderful people who you get to meet. There were many kind folks walking by who made encouraging comments as I painted.