Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Watercolor sketch of three apples.

I had a little free time and felt I wanted to do some painting. I had bought some apples and thought they made a nice composition.

I call it a sketch because it was a quick painting with little effort.

Watercolor of three green apples. 

I began with a careful pencil sketch, and then did several washes layering color down. First I laid down the background blues and reds. Next I did the lightest values of yellow in the green apples, which I dropped green in and spread it around a little. I went back and gave the background a deeper value of blue, that made the green look tool pale so I had to deepen the greens. The shadows were a combination of grey and violet.

I think I needed a little muddy color here and there in the shadows to take down some of the brightness.

____________________________

Thank you for taking the time to look at my art. If you want to see more just chose from the labels or the favorites in the sidebar. 
Adron



Use the buttons below to share this post with your networks.  Thank you.