Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Watercolor Sketch Of Flowers in Cracked Urn.

My wife has had a good year growing flowers so I did portrait of one in the urn in the back yard. This urn has a gashing crack on the lower half that is gorgeous and horrid at once. It makes the greatest focus in the composition.

This is a sketch not really a painting since it was done quickly and with minimal effort.

The Cracked Urn


It was so hot outside that my watercolors keep drying on my palette as quickly as I whetted them. I set up an umbrella to work underneath but that was only a little help. The sun was so bright on the paper that my eyes were watering, I had to hold the paper close to me under the umbrella. This was handy since I was literally splashing water and medium on the paper I was able to turn the paper quickly and let the medium flow together. The nice thing was that the washes dried quickly and I was able to add layers on without too much delay.

The urn was my interest and I spent more time on that than the rest of the piece
____________________________

Thank you for taking the time to look at my art. If you want to see more just chose from the labels or the favorites in the sidebar. 
Adron




Use the buttons below to share this post with your networks.  Thank you.