Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Watercolor Sketch Of Tiny Strawberries

Our garden gave a mini harvest and I picked a handful of strawberries. They were small but nice. I put them in a bowl and did a sketch of them. I call it a sketch and not a painting because it was kind of quick.

Watercolor sketch of tiny strawberries in a bowl

They were small but bright red. I tried to get the color deep and still have the texture of the seeds and the shiny bumps.  Maybe if I took more time I could have gotten the reds to look more rich.

I had fun painting the wood table top. The white bowl was very minimally done, I just tried to get the effect by using a light wash for the shadows.

____________________________


Thank you for taking the time to look at my art. If you want to see more just chose from the labels or the favorites in the sidebar. 
Adron




Use the buttons below to share this post with your networks.  Thank you.