Saturday, January 19, 2013

Watercolor Portrait of Bald Man, Almost Abstract

A watercolor portrait of a man is a drawing I did in watercolor to experiment with the color combinations of the face. There are many colors in the human face some are from the skin or the flesh below the skin. Some colors we see are reflected colors from the environment and some are the effects of the lighting; then the shadows add other colors.


Watercolor portrait of man
I was very happy with the results of the project. It was not a study in anatomy and a discerning viewer will note the mistakes in the proportions, (I won't list them you can look for them). I liked the way the colors worked together and in places contrasted each other. I liked the extremes of the colors it is like the very warm yellows and the very cold blues battle it out on the paper.