Sunday, April 19, 2015

Life Lesson I Learned Wile Painting A Picture Number Three.

Painting pictures is a lot of fun but many times I look back at a project or a period of painting and realize painting taught me a valuable lesson.

MY GUNKED UP BRUSHES
At first, I was spending a lot of money on paint brushes.  It seemed that they were always getting ruined and gunked up.  I would reach for a brush and find it was as stiff as a stick- a stick might have worked better.  I failed to clean them until it was too late, or I would give them a quick cleaning, but the lack of thoroughness after a few uses made the brushes unworkable.

I realized I needed to have a better attitude about caring for my brushes- my tools.  

BE COMMITTED TO YOUR TOOLS
For a while, I tried fancy expensive brush cleaners. They promised quick easy cleaning but seemed to make things worse by depositing the residue into the furl where it built up like cement.  I went from one costly cleaner to another with discouraging results.

LEARN TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR TOOLS
Since then I learned to take care of my brushes and now rarely have to spend money on new ones.   I learned to clean them thoroughly as soon as I am done and to clean the way the manufacturer recommends.

I normally use a little mild dish soap and knead the brush softly in the palm of my hand and rinse, then repeat several times.

HAVE A PLAN TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR TOOLS
When an hour is set aside to paint then I allow ten minutes at the end for cleaning the brushes, you can't paint to the last minute and then hope a quick cleaning will be enough.

When done cleaning I set them in the brush stand right away.

It is much more enjoyable to have the tools in good condition when I am ready to use them.  They last longer and perform better.

NOT JUST PAINT BRUSHES
This goes for whatever you are involved in.  If you are a cook you must keep the pots in good condition, the knives sharpened, and the stove in working order.  If you are a seamstress you need to take care of the sewing kit and the sewing machine.  If you are a musician you need to take care of the musical instrument.  If you are a mechanic you need to take care of your wrenches.

It just illustrates what they say, "If you take care of your tools then your tools will take care of you."

(c) Adron 15


____________________________

Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my blog.  If you want to see more just chose from the labels or the favorites in the sidebar. 
Adron


Use the buttons below to share this post with your networks.  Thank you.