Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Candlestick and Box Sketch in Marker


I


Marker drawing of Candlestick and Box

I was trying to get the roundness of the candlestick and the grey tones of the box while using a simple ink drawing  technique. The top of the box is suppose to be whiter by contrast. 

It is a very simple composition, in fact too simple, I wish I had a few more elements added like a book or fruit or something. 

It is good to practice and I will bring this to the class I am teaching the home school kids as an example of what can be done in marker.

I was using a cheep marker from the grocery store and printer paper. I found the marker made blots when you first touched the page. This can be good or bad depending on what you are trying to do. If you held the marker at a sharp angle the line was very thin and skippy and if you held the marker more vertical the ink came out very thick.

I prefer the professionals markers, but knowing the effects of the cheep ones is useful for some projects, so I am always experimenting.