Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Blue Jay bird in Multi-medium Drawing

Blue jay

A little doddle I did using crayola markers, sharpies, and watercolor pencils. I drew it in sharpie first for all the black areas. Next I used watercolor pencil on the blue of the feathers, after that I used the cheep crayolya markers for the autumn leaves. Last I gave it a wash with water to let the cheep markers bleed, and water color pencils to blend.

Multi-medium drawing of a Bluejay


I was hoping for a more abstract effect but became too infatuated with the source material so I ended up being more representational than intended. The background with the markers bleed was more of what I was going for.

(c) Adron 2015

____________________________

Thank you for taking the time to look at my art. If you want to see more just chose from the labels or the favorites in the sidebar. 
Adron


Use the buttons below to share this post with your networks.  Thank you.