The background is mottled greens and blues and indistinct on purpose. I used a lot of water and let the color blend on the paper. I worked it over a little and added more color to give it contrast to the red bird.
The bird was just a flat red so I used some violet to give some shadow and a little roundness.
The branch was easiest. I used watery violet for the base of the shadow and went over it with payne's gray and finished with sienna brown.
I am very pleased with the project since it was only a quick study and not more than 4 1/2 inches wide by 6 inches high. I will toss it into a little frame and it can be a gift or a small offering at an art show or something.
Thank you for visiting my blog.
I hope you enjoy my art.
If you want to see more just choose from the labels, or use the search box, or the favorites in the sidebar.
You can also visit my Society6 storefront to purchase my art.
Use the buttons below to share this post. Thank you.