Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Practice Model Wood Man.

Wood Man Practice Drawing

Today I was teaching a class on drawing and we took our wood man model, set him on an upturned glass jar and drew him in a sitting pose.

This drawing took about twenty minutes. I used only an hb pencil.

I do a quick rough sketch by marking the location of the joints and drawing connecting structures between the joints. This makes an outline and then I go over it again and again making corrections and adding shading for volume. It was only part of the class if we had more time I would make a lot of little changes with the shadows and clean up the lines.

These are great ways to learn the basic human figure and cheaper than paying for a class. I recommend it.

___________________________________________________________