Friday, June 22, 2018

Finished Painting of The Still Life With Flowers in Red Vaise and Oil Lamp

I set this picture aside for a long time while working on other projects, such as writing and illustrating a book of poems.

I finally found time to get back to the easel and finish this one up. I made some of the colors deeper, and I brought out some details, especially the leaves. It was tricky to finish this in my basement with artificial light when I started it on a friend's patio outside.

It was painted on canvas board, and you can still see some of the cloth texture.

I wanted to have a sloppy style with bold contrasts in colors and drama between the lights and darks.

I am thrilled with how the painting turned out.

Acrylic painting of Still Life With Flowers in Vase

This painting can be purchased at my Society6 store; CLICK HERE to learn more.